FM 2964 from SH 110 South to FM 346
TxDOT is developing preliminary plans for the expansion of FM 2964 (Rhones Quarter Road) from SH 110 in the city of Tyler south to FM 346 in the city of Whitehouse. The scope of work includes widening the existing two-lane roadway to a four-lane divided highway with a continuous left-turn lane.
- Widening from a two-lane roadway to a four-lane roadway with flush medians
- Redesigning the roadway's alignments to meet current design standards
- Addressing the FM 2964/SH 110/Shiloh Road intersection in the city of Tyler
- Realigning FM 2964 with County Road 2277 at FM 346 in the city of Whitehouse
- Adding sidewalks to improve pedestrian safety
- Providing outside shared-use travel lanes for cyclists
The project will require the acquisition of new right of way from adjacent property owners.
TxDOT plans to host a public hearing in August of 2022. Hearing details will be posted to this web page as soon as they are available. Adjacent property owners will receive notification by mail. All interested citizens will have an opportunity to provide comments. The public may ask questions at any time during the project development process.
To date, the following outreach has occurred:
- TxDOT presented the preferred alternative for public comment on Sept. 17, 2019. A copy of this alternative is available for viewing through the Interactive Map link below.
- TxDOT presented three design alternatives for public comment on March 7, 2019, at the first public meeting.
Next steps include:
- Public Hearing - August 2022
- Environmental Clearance - 2022
- Right-of-Way Acquisitions - 2022 (tentatively)
- Construction is funded in 2025, based on current financial forecasts
TxDOT Tyler District
Attn: Advanced Project Development Office
2709 W. Front St.
Tyler, TX 75702