The $301 million Irving Interchange project will include the reconstruction of interchanges at SH 183, SH 114, Loop 12, and Spur 482. Loop 12 will be reconstructed and widened from six to eight lanes for a length of 1.2 miles that begins on the south end of Union Bower Road to the north of Texas Plaza Drive. The project will also include the widening of SH 114 from Loop 12 to SH 183 and Spur 482 with direct connectors. Spur 482 will be reconstructed from west of Century Center Boulevard to the interchange and will tie into SH 183 with direct connectors.
This is a Texas Clear Lanes project. Texas Clear Lanes is a statewide strategic plan to provide congestion relief through non-tolled roads and is focused on the five largest metro areas in Texas.
The overall length of the project is about 9.6 miles including bridges and direct connectors.
Phase 1 of the Irving Interchange was completed in 2013 which reconstructed the interchanges at SH 114 and Loop 12. The SH 183 Midtown Express design-build project also recently completed interim improvements in the area. The Irving Interchange project will construct the ultimate phase of the interchanges at SH 183, Loop 12, SH 114, and Spur 482.
Construction began late 2020 and is anticipated to be complete mid-2023, weather permitting.
Fall 2021 Construction Update
- The project is at 31 percent completion.
- Four retaining walls have been completed along SH 183, SH 114 and Spur 482 with many others under construction.
- Bridge beams for various bridges/direct connectors along SH 114 and SH 183 are partially complete.
- Bridge shafts, columns and caps for other spans over Loop 12, SH 183 and Spur 482 including direct connectors are under construction.
- Paving on the Loop 12 frontage roads between SH 183 and Grauwyler Road as well as the SH 114/Spur 482 interchange is partially complete and traffic has been switched on to the new pavement.
Virtual Groundbreaking Celebration
- Irving Interchange Virtual Groundbreaking Celebration
- Irving Interchange Virtual Groundbreaking Celebration – short version
Dallas District Office
4777 E. Highway 80
Dallas, TX 75150