The Horseshoe Project is dedicated to improving mobility along I-30 and I-35E near downtown Dallas' Central Business District in a safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally sensitive manner.
The project includes I-30 from Sylvan Avenue to I-35E and I-35E from north of Eighth Street to the I-30/I-35E interchange in Dallas.
The proposed $818 million project would include the following improvements:
- Roadway design upgrade
- Replacement of I-30 and I-35E bridges over the Trinity River
- Construction of additional lanes
- Construction of the Margaret McDermott bridges
Proposed Timeline (Subject to Change)
- Final RFP issued in June 2012
- Contract award in late 2012
- Construction to begin in early 2013
- Construction substantially complete in late 2016 or early 2017