The purpose of this project is to address congestion and enhance safety along FM 2818 (Harvey Mitchell Parkway).
The project limits are from 0.5 miles north of FM 60 (Raymond Stotzer Parkway) to 0.2 miles south of FM 2347 (George Bush Drive), with a length of 1.7 miles. No additional right of way is required.
Until construction funding is allocated, no target letting have been set. Construction is expected to last one year.
- FM 2818 serves as one of the main north-south arterials between Bryan and College Station and provides key access to Texas A&M University (via FM 60 and FM 2347), Easterwood Airport (via FM 60) and three of the largest industrial parks in Brazos County
- With Texas A&M University enrollment exceeding 62,000 students, congestion has increased, especially during morning and afternoon rush hours, resulting in daily delays
- Widen to six travel-lanes (three north and three south) with a center concrete traffic barrier instead of a flush median
- Extend drainage structures
- Improve capacity of intersection with FM 2347
- Increase clearance underneath the FM 60 bridge
- No frontage roads will be constructed
- An adjacent improvement project, FM 60 (Raymond Stotzer Parkway) Overpass Improvement, is under development at the same time
TxDOT Bryan District
Director of Transportation Planning and Development
2591 N. Earl Rudder Freeway
Bryan, TX 77803-5190