US 377 Main Street - Brownwood
The TxDOT Brownwood District is proposing to reconstruct pavement and add a center-turn lane to US 377 (Main Street) from Lipscomb Street to FM 2425 (Austin Avenue) in Brownwood. The purpose of the 0.275-mile project is to improve safety and mobility within the Brownwood area.
Proposed improvements include:
- The existing roadway on US 377 includes four 12-foot lanes; the proposed project will include a 14-foot continuous center turn lane with curb and gutters, as well as sidewalks and illumination.
- The existing Right-of-Way (ROW) is approximately 60 feet and the proposed would vary with a minimum of 80 feet.
- Drainage and sidewalks will be improved including adding Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ramps.
- The project also includes intersection improvements at US 377 (Main Street) and FM 2524 (Austin Avenue) by adding turn lanes and realigning the roadway.
These improvements were the direct result of valuable public feedback gained during previous public meetings that took place on July 13, 2017, May 3, 2018, and November 27, 2018. Based on public feedback, TxDOT changed the preliminary design and scope of the project, reducing the project limits to avoid impacts to historic resources. The proposed new limits of the project begin at Lipscomb Street and extend to the intersection of FM 2524 (Austin Avenue).
The proposed project is estimated to displace two residential homes and three commercial structures containing five businesses.
- Finalized schematic and environmental documentation anticipated – Fall 2019
- Right of way acquisition - In Process
- Utility adjustments/relocations - July 2020 - January 2022
- Construction contract awarded - January 2022
- Notice Affording Opportunity for Public Hearing - Aug. 1, 2019
- Public Meeting - Nov. 27, 2018
- Public Meeting - May 3, 2018
- Public Meeting - July 13, 2017
TxDOT Brownwood District
2495 Highway 183 N.
Brownwood, TX 76802