This webinar and podcast series covers topics around TxDOT’s discoveries and research that go Beyond The Road. We hope you join us for the next series!
Uncovering Ancient Archeological Sites in Starr County
Oct. 28, 2021
1 p.m. Central
October is Texas Archeology Month! Dig deeper with two TxDOT archeologists to talk about three archeological sites in Starr County. These sites are very unusual as they are relatively undisturbed, have preserved plant and animal remains, and abundant evidence that speak to the use of local landscapes. (Watch here) TxDOT is excavating the sites to preserve them. Join us for a discussion about what these findings could mean for Texas history!
- Christopher W. Ringstaff, TxDOT Staff Archeologist
- Jennifer B. Anderson, TxDOT Staff Archeologist
- Wonders of Wildflowers
- Stories of Texas Bridges
- Traveling Texas Roads: The Legacy of Roadside Parks
- Bolivar: The Once Wild West
- The Green Book: How Black Americans Traveled During the Jim Crow Era
- A Dog's Nose Knows: Using Cadaver Dogs to Search for Ancient Burials on TxDOT sites
- Discovering Traces of the Caddo in North East Texas
- Dig into a Historic Blacksmith Shop in Denton County
- Ongoing Analyses at the Casa Frio Site