New Product Evaluation Program
The product evaluation program evaluates products that can benefit TxDOT and our contractors.
Eligible products for evaluation
Eligible products must be non-hazardous and available to the public. The following products are eligible for evaluation:
- Traffic control.
- Construction/maintenance of highways, streets, bridges, and related infrastructure.
TxDOT does not participate in product development.
- Review the following lists to see if the product is already approved:
- Review the Compliant Work Zone Traffic Control Device List. For products that meet a listed device’s requirements, submit to TXDOT address on page U-4.
- Review the Roadway Illumination and Electrical Supplies. For products that meet a listed item's requirements, submit per the bottom of page 1.
- Review the Division Specifications. For products that meet a Division Specification, submit per the specification's instructions.
- Review the Standard Specification Index. For products that meet a Standard Specification, submit per the specification's instructions.
- Review the Departmental Material Specification. For materials that meet a Departmental Material Specification, submit per the specification's instructions.
- Review the TXDOT Approved Erosion Control Products and Vendors. Erosion control products should be submitted to Sediment and Erosion Control Laboratory (SEC Lab).
- If the product does not apply to 1–7, submit a Product Evaluation Request.
Review and evaluation
Review the product evaluation process in the Research and Technology Implementation Research Manual.
The product evaluation administrator will contact you for a field evaluation if there’s interest in your product. We will provide oversight during the installation and evaluation at an agreed upon location and traffic control, if needed.
- Note: A review and/or evaluation does not guarantee that a product will be approved.
Many factors influence the timeline for us to complete an evaluation. The timeline varies on a case-by-case basis.
Favorable product evaluations
Approved products are listed for three years in the Approved Product List.
You may sell products with a favorable evaluation to TxDOT and our contractors after providing approval documentation and special specification sign off.
Unfavorable product evaluations and no interest letters
You may resubmit products 12 months after you receive an unfavorable evaluation or no interest letter. Detail all modifications and changes when you resubmit the product evaluation form.
Recertify your product with Form 2789.
The renewal form certifies the following:
- The submittal company name has not changed
- The product name has not changed
- The product has not been modified since it was approved
Vendors are responsible for recertifying 30 days before or after the expiration date.
Approved products must have been sold to TxDOT to be eligible for recertification. Products that do not pass recertification may be resubmitted 12 months after you receive our response.
Product Evaluation Project Manager