DBE certification through Texas Unified Certification Program (TUCP)
Skip to main content
Explore projects

Browse projects in your area and find opportunities to get involved.

Explore projects

DBE certification through Texas Unified Certification Program (TUCP)

The Texas Unified Certification Program is a certification program for the Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Programs in Texas. Presently, the members of the TUCP are listed below. A business' DBE certification received from any of the TUCP members is valid and can be relied upon by any Texas entity that receives U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) funds.

Small businesses desiring DBE certification must submit:

You can apply for DBE certification online through the Diversity Management System.

Key certifying agencies

The following agencies are members of the TUCP:

The business' location determines which agency to contact. Use the TUCP certifying agencies regional map to determine the correct agency with which to apply.

DBE interstate application

DBE firms certified in other states as their home state are required to follow the Interstate certification expectations as outlined in 49 CFR §26.85(c) of the Code of Federal Regulations. Below are links to the Texas Unified Certification Program DBE Interstate certification checklist and the Texas Unified Certification Program Interstate DBE Affidavit:

You also need to submit a hardcopy of your home-state DBE application.

DBE annual update

You may submit the DBE Annual Update Affidavit online at the Diversity Management System. More information about updating can be found on the DBE program page.

Benefits of DBE certification through TUCP

  • Listing your business in a central DBE directory.
  • Receiving a Federal DBE program certificate.
  • Bidding as a DBE at all participating state entities for all DOT transportation modes including aviation, highways, and public transportation.


Questions? Contact the Civil Rights Division.