A firm must be precertified prior to being awarded a professional services contract with TxDOT. Firms must apply for precertification. The precertification process is outlined in the Texas Administrative Code (TAC).
TxDOT precertifies individuals based on prior work experience. An employee demonstrates experience by describing the work done on past projects. Precertification is granted or denied based on this information. Precertification extends to the individual's firm.
The Precertification process is governed by:
Prepare Your Application
Begin gathering information for the application, and use the following codes:
Obtain User ID
Precertification application is completed through our online database system, the Consultant Certification Information System (CCIS Online). You must first gain access to the system to apply for precertification.
To gain access to CCIS Online, you must complete the following steps.
1. Obtain a User ID for using CCIS by completing the following three forms:
- CCIS User Contact Information Sheet
- Request for External Access to TxDOT Information Systems (Form 1980)
- Information Security Compliance Agreement (Form 1828b)
Scan the filled-out forms and combine them into one PDF file. Follow these instructions to submit the completed file.
2. Receive your assigned User ID (ACID) via email. Normal processing takes approximately ten days. The email will contain instructions for signing onto TxDOT's mainframe and CCIS Online. These instructions will include steps for obtaining your initial password and procedures for changing that password.
Submit Application Through CCIS Online
1. Complete the web application in CCIS Online.
2. Submit your application by selecting the "Send Notification" button, which notifies TxDOT that the application or update is complete.
3. TxDOT has 60 days to review your application after receipt of complete and accurate information. TxDOT will contact you when the precertification process is complete. You will be provided with a report of the outcome of the process.
Maintain Precertification Status
- Update your precertification information any time your firm or employer's information changes.
- Submit for annual renewal between Jan. 1 and March 31 of each year for your firm.
- Maintain the correct insurance requirements, depending on the project.
Recommended Next Steps
- Become administratively qualified by an audit or self-certification.
CCIS Online Administrator