US 281 Future I-69C
TxDOT's Pharr District is proposing improvements to US 281 from FM 490 in Hidalgo County to FM 3066 in Brooks County. The proposed improvements include constructing and widening the existing roadway from a four-lane divided highway to interstate standards with four mainlanes (two in each direction) and two-lane non-continuous one way frontage roads with overpasses proposed every two to five miles.
The purpose of the proposed project would be to enhance mobility, safety, and improve traffic operations along US 281 (future I-69C). The goal is to construct the project within the existing right-of-way; however, additional ROW may be required.
The proposed project will be developed in segments as seen below.
Segment I - US 281 from FM 490 to SH 186/FM 1017
- Notice Finding of No Significant Impact - December 16, 2019
- Notice Affording an Opportunity for a Public Hearing and Draft Environmental Assessment Available - US 281 (future I-69C) - Aug. 27, 2019
- Public Meeting - April 25, 2017
- Public Meeting Summary - April 25, 2017
- Preferred Alternative (Posted March 2019)
Segment 2 - US 281 from SH 186/FM 1017 to FM 755
- Notice Draft Environmental Assessment and Opportunity for a Public Hearing - US 281 (Future I-69C) - May 12, 2021
- Public Meeting - Oct. 23 and 25, 2018