Hempstead road reconstruction
Located within the city of Houston in Harris County, this project is a vital link on the Hempstead roadway and will provide traffic an alternate route to US 290. The proposed project consists of the construction of a six-lane divided urban street facility.
Limits are Hempstead Road 0.059 mile west of West 12th Street to east of the Washington-Katy split.
- Grading, excavation, embankment
- Lime-treated subgrade
- Cement stabilized base (at the underpass)
- Concrete pavement
- Sidewalks and curb ramps
- Storm sewer and culverts
- Drilled shaft retaining walls
- Pavement markings
- Traffic control
- Signalization at the intersections of 12th and 11th streets
- Three replacement underpass structures at the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) intersection
- Rail lines connecting to the tracks at the underpass structures
- Pump station
- Storm water pollution prevention plans
This project consists of a significant amount of construction on UPRR facilities, including the replacement of three existing railroad overpasses and related track realignment.
The tables below list the specifications and provisions required by the Union Pacific Railroad in order for construction work to be performed by the TxDOT contractor inside the UPRR right of way. These documents are also referenced in the main TxDOT railroad specification contained within the project's plans, specifications and estimate documents.