US 79 at Little Brazos River - Robertson County
TxDOT is proposing improvements to a 1.5-mile segment of US 79 to replace the bridge over the Little Brazos River on U.S. 79 and widen U.S. 79 to four lanes with a striped center median from 0.7 miles west and 0.6 miles east of the existing Little Brazos River Bridge outside of Hearne, Robertson County, TX. The purpose of this project is to extend the five-lane section of US 79 west of Hearne to the FM 50 intersection, and replace the existing bridge with a new bridge that meets current design standards.
- Existing roadway approaching the bridge consists of two 12-foot travel lanes with 10-foot shoulders
- Project addresess removing and replacing the functionally obselete bridge over the Little Brazos River
Proposed improvements to the 1.5 mile project from 0.7 miles west to 0.6 miles east of the Little Brazos River include the following:
- Replace the bridge over the Little Brazos River
- Widen US 79 to four lanes consisting of four 12-foot travel lanes
- Add a 14-foot striped flush median with 10-foot shoulders and bridge rail
The new project would require approximately four acres of new right of way; displacements are not expected.
The project is funded and is currently scheduled for letting (contract bidding) in September 2020 with construction starting in early 2021; however, timing is subject to change.