Public Meeting - US 82 Wichita County
Wichita West Volunteer (Map)
7622 Seymour Highway
Wichita Falls, TX 76310
Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017
5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
TxDOT will host a public meeting to present proposed improvements to US 82 in Wichita Falls from the Archer County line to .7 mile west of FM 369. All interested persons are invited to attend this meeting and provide comments. The meeting will be an open house format so citizens may come and go at their convenience. Staff will be on hand to answer questions.
The four-lane undivided section on US 82 from the Archer County line to .7 mile west of FM 369 is being evaluated for widening. TxDOT is reviewing this 3.8-mile corridor due to:
- Numerous intersecting driveways and side roads
- The 60 mph speed limit, in relation to the number of intersections
- Crashes and the potential for additional incidents
- An increasing number of vehicles traveling into and out of Wichita Falls
- Projected growth over the next 20 years (business and residential)
- Connectivity to existing divided roadways
TxDOT Wichita Falls District
Public Information Office