Notice of Draft Environmental Impact Statement and Public Hearing - SH 68
Donna North High School
7250 N. Val Verde Road
Donna, TX 78537 (Map)
Thursday, April 5, 2018
Open House 5 – 6 p.m.
Public Hearing 6 p.m.
TxDOT is proposing to construct SH 68 from I-2/US 83 to I-69C/US 281 in Hidalgo County, Texas. This notice advises the public that a draft environmental impact statement (EIS) is available for public review on March 21, 2018 and that TxDOT will be conducting a public hearing on the proposed project
The proposed SH 68 is currently described in the Hidalgo County Metropolitan Transportation Plan as a 4-lane divided rural highway facility with the potential for main lanes and overpasses. The project is being pursued as a non-toll facility.
The proposed project would construct SH 68, a new north-south highway consisting of two northbound and two southbound frontage roads with future mainlanes and overpasses extending from I-2/US 83 to I-69C/US 281.
The total length of the proposed project is approximately 22 miles and would require approximately 1,100 acres of right-of-way (ROW). The proposed project would be constructed in a 350-foot typical right-of way (ROW) width, with up to 400 feet of ROW needed at proposed grade separations. The proposed project would displace an estimated 102 residences and eight businesses.
The proposed project would impact approximately 140 acres of 100-year mapped floodplains, approximately 4 acres of mapped National Wetland Inventory features, and potentially result in Section 4(f) de-minimis impacts to the Donna irrigation district (ID) and the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) listed Hidalgo County Irrigation District (HCID) #2.
Special accommodations: TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The open house will be in English with Spanish translators, if you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Please call (956) 702-6161 at least five working days prior to the open house. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 16, 2014, and executed by the Federal Highway Administration and TxDOT.
Comments must be received or postmarked by May 15, 2018 to be a part of the official hearing record.
- Public Hearing Summary
- Notice (Español)
- Fact Sheet
- Fact Sheet (Español)
- Comment Card
- Comment Card (Español)
- Public Hearing Presentation
- Public Hearing Presentation (Español)
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement
- Schematic 1 of 18 – From IH2/US 83 to Nebraska Rd
- Schematic 2 of 18 – From Ferguson Rd to 0.5 mile north of FM 1423/Val Verde Rd
- Schematic 3 of 18 – From 0.5 mile south of Earling Rd to Minnesota Rd
- Schematic 4 of 18 – From Owassa Rd to Trenton Rd
- Schematic 5 of 18 – From Wisconsin Rd to Iowa Rd
- Schematic 6 of 18 – From Texas Rd to Tex-Mex Rd
- Schematic 7 of 18 – From SH 107 to Mile 17 ½ Rd
- Schematic 8 of 18 – From 0.5 mile south of Rogers Rd to FM 1925/Monte Cristo Rd
- Schematic 9 of 18 – From Brushline Rd to 0.25 mile south of Davis Rd
- Schematic 10 of 18 – From Davis Rd to Benito A Ramirez Rd
- Schematic 11 of 18 – From 0.5 mile south of FM 2812 to Mile 22 ½ Rd
- Schematic 12 of 18 – From Mile 22 ½ Rd to 0.25 mile south of Azul St
- Schematic 13 of 18 – From Azul St to 0.5 mile north of Future Rd (unnamed)
- Schematic 14 of 18 – From 0.5 mile south of Future FM 490 to 0.25 mile south of FM 490
- Schematic 15 of 18 – From 0.25 south of FM 490 to 0.5 mile north of FM 490
- Schematic 16 of 18 – From 0.5 mile north of FM 490 to 0.5 mile south of Air Cargo Dr
- Schematic 17 of 18 – From 0.5 mile south of Air Cargo Dr to 0.25 mile south of IH 69C/US 281
- Schematic 18 of 18 – IH 69C/US 281
TxDOT Pharr District
600 W. I-2
Pharr, TX 78577
Posted March 16, 2018