Public Meeting - FM 1488 from BU 290 to Joseph Road in Waller and Harris Counties, Texas
Fields Store Elementary School
31671 Giboney Road
Waller, Texas 77484 (Map)
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The purpose of the public meeting is to gather public input on the proposed FM 1488 project from BU 290 to Joseph Road in Waller and Harris Counties, Texas. The meeting will be an open house format so the public may come and go at their convenience, and staff will be available to answer questions. No formal presentation will be made. Comments must be received on or before Wednesday, Mar. 18, 2020, to be a part of the official meeting record.
The proposed improvements to FM 1488 include:
- Widening the right of way to approximately 220 feet wide
- Converting the two-lane roadway between BUS 290 and US 290 to a four lane roadway 18 feet raised median with curb and gutter
- Widening the roadway from two lanes to four lanes, with 12 feet outside shoulder for future lanes and four feet inside shoulders
- Constructing 40-foot depressed grassy medians with openings at major intersections
- Keeping the drainage as an open ditch
- Five curves located on FM 1488
- Reconstructing bridges over stream crossings to accommodate the proposed travel lanes
Widening and curve realignment would require additional right of way acquisition.
Materials for the public meeting will be in English. Persons interested in attending the meeting who have special communication or accommodation needs, or require an interpreter, are encouraged to contact TxDOT’s Public Information Office at (713) 802-5076. Requests should be made at least two working days prior to the public meeting. TxDOT will make every reasonable effort to accommodate these needs.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Notice (Español)
- Location Map
- Display Boards
- Fact Sheet
- Schematic - BS 290 to Mack Washington Lane
- Schematic - Mack Washington Lane to east of Wyatt Chapel Road
- Schematic - East of Wyatt Chapel Road to East of Becker Road
- Schematic - East of Becker Road to East of FM 362
- Schematic - East of FM 362 to Fields Store Road
- Schematic - Fields Store Road to Jonesville Road
- Schematic - Jonesville Road to East of Kickapoo Road
- Schematic - East of Kickapoo Road to Woodway Drive
- Schematic - Woodway Drive to Joseph Road
- Public Meeting Summary Report
Reference the following project number: CSJ 0409-03-012
TxDOT Houston District
Public Information Office
P.O. Box 1386
Houston, Texas 77251
Posted: Feb. 7, 2020