Notice Affording Opportunity for Public Hearing - SH 146 (Harris County)
TxDOT proposes to improve State Highway (SH) 146 with the construction of four main lanes over 0.87 mile (4,594ft) in the existing right of way (ROW) between Business Highway (BS) 146 and Ferry Road in Baytown, Harris County, Texas. The proposed project limits, including areas of restriping, extend approximately 1.45 miles.
- The proposed project would be constructed entirely within the 300- to 336-foot existing ROW.
- The majority of the existing roadway within the project limits has six 12-foot lanes divided by a grassy median. The proposed project would extend four additional main lanes between the existing six 12-foot lanes.
- The existing six-lane roadway with a grassy median would become the proposed future frontage roads.
- The proposed project would include drainage improvements within the project limits. The proposed project would not require the acquisition of new ROW.
- There would be no displacements of residences or commercial structures.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by xDOT pursuant of 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
Any interested citizen may request a public hearing covering the social, economic and environmental effects of the proposed location and design for this project. Requests for a public hearing must be submitted in writing on or before Jan. 3, 2016, to the TxDOT Houston District Office.
TxDOT Houston District
Director of Project Development
P.O. Box 1386
Houston, Texas 77251-1386