Virtual Public Hearing - SH 5 from South of FM 1378 to South of CR 275
All virtual hearing materials will be posted here at the date and time below.
Thursday, June 11, 2020
The pre-recorded presentation video will be available for comment by 5:00 p.m.
The purpose of the virtual public hearing is to present the planned improvements and solicit public comments on the proposed roadway improvement to SH 5 from south of FM 1378 to south of CR 275. The virtual public hearing will begin at 5:00 p.m. Materials will consist of a video presentation explaining the proposed project, which includes both audio and video components, along with other exhibits and materials for review. Formal comments may be provided by mail, email, or voicemail as described in the notice and on the virtual public hearing website. Comments must be received on or before Friday, June 26, 2020, to be a part of the official meeting record.
The proposed project consists of the reconstruction and widening of SH 5 for the 7.2-mile project area in the cities of McKinney and Fairview. From FM 1378 (Country Club Road) to Spur 399, the existing 2-lane rural roadway would be reconstructed to a 4-lane divided urban roadway. From Spur 399 to Industrial Boulevard (FM 546), the existing 4-lane divided rural roadway would be reconstructed to a 6-lane divided urban roadway. From Industrial Boulevard (FM 546) to Power House Street, the existing 4-lane divided urban roadway and 4-lane divided rural roadway would be reconstructed to a 4-lane divided urban roadway. From Power House Street to just south of CR 275, the existing 2-lane rural roadway would be reconstructed to a 4-lane divided urban roadway. Side streets within the project limits would be reconstructed to tie into the improved SH 5. Adjacent and buffered sidewalks, with space for buffers between the sidewalks and the roadway, are proposed along the sides of the roadways to accommodate pedestrians.
The proposed project would, subject to final design considerations, require additional right of way and potentially displace four non-residential structures.
TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The public hearing will be in English. If you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Please call the TxDOT Dallas District Public Information Office at (214) 320-4480. Requests should be made at least two working days prior to the meeting. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 9, 2019, and executed by the Federal Highway Administration and TxDOT.
- Notice (Español)
- Comment Form
- Comment Form (Español)
- Memorandum of Understanding Exhibit Board
- Project Location Map Exhibit Board
- Typical Sections Exhibit Board
- Timeline Exhibit Board
- Fact Sheet Exhibit Board
- Presentation Slides
- Presentation Script
- Index Map
- Roll 1 – From South of FM 1378 to Plateau Drive & From SH 5 at Stewart Road
- Roll 2 – From Spur 399 at SH 5 Interchange
- Roll 3 – Profiles of Spur 399 & Frontage Roads
- Roll 4 – From FM 546 to Gerrish Street
- Roll 5 – From Jefferson Street to Watt Street
- Roll 6 – From Smith Street to Powerhouse Street
- Roll 7 – From Interchange Street to Twin Knoll Drive
- Roll 8 – From Cypress Hill Drive to East Fork Trinity River
- Roll 9 – From Willow Wood Blvd to South of CR 275
- Roll 10 – Profiles of Cross Streets
Environmental Technical Report Documents:
- Public Meeting Summary Report
- Air Quality Technical Report
- Transportation Conformity Report
- Tier I Site Assessment Form
- TPWD Coordination Complete Documentation
- Community Impacts Assessment Technical Report
- Hazardous Materials Initial Site Assessment (ISA)
- Historical PCR Project Studies
- Historical Resources Survey
- Noise Technical Report
- Water Technical Report
Right of Way Documents:
TxDOT Dallas District
Public Information Office
Posted May 28, 2020