Virtual Public Meeting - I-30 Operational Improvements Project
The virtual public meeting will be posted beginning Thursday, May 13, 2021, at 6 p.m.
The virtual public meeting will begin on Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 6 p.m. This is not a live event and can be viewed any time beginning Thursday, May 13, 2021, at 6 p.m. through Friday, May 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. All comments must be received on or before Friday, May 28, 2021.
The proposed project consists of operational improvements to approximately 5.5 miles of IH 30 from IH 635 in Mesquite to Bass Pro Drive in Garland, Texas. The proposed improvements are designed to improve traffic flow and mobility by reducing traffic bottlenecks within the highway corridor.Major elements of the proposed design include the following:
- Widen existing pavement within existing TxDOT right of way to add additional auxiliary lanes along the eastbound and westbound IH 30 main lanes.
- Convert the existing diamond ramping configuration to x-ramp configuration, all within the existing right of way, for the IH 30 interchanges with Northwest Drive, Broadway Boulevard, and Rosehill Road, as well as the west side of the interchange with Bobtown Road/Roan Road.
- Reconstruct the IH 30 intersection with Rosehill Road within existing right of way, thereby reconstructing Rosehill Road at-grade and constructing an overpass bridge for the IH 30 main lanes.
- Widen existing IH 30 main lane overpass bridges at Broadway Boulevard and Bobtown Road/Roan Road to accommodate IH 30 auxiliary lanes.
- Shifting existing eastbound frontage road bridges over Duck Creek southward within existing right of way and reconstructing selected segments of existing IH 30 frontage roads to add auxiliary lanes and ramps.
- The easternmost 1.7 miles of the proposed project would be limited to main lane restriping to facilitate the balancing of lanes with a previously-approved IH 30 project to the east of Bass Pro Drive.
No additional right of way or easement would be required to implement any of the proposed design changes. The proposed project would involve an action in a floodplain.
Comments may be provided online, or by mail, email or voicemail as described in the notice and on the virtual public meeting website.
The virtual public meeting will provide information in English. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. If you need interpretation or translation services or you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the virtual public meeting, please contact Emily McCann, the Dallas District Public Information Officer, at (214) 320-4485 no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, May 10, 2021. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 9, 2019, and executed by the Federal Highway Administration and TxDOT.
TxDOT Dallas District
Public Information Office
Posted: April 29, 2021