Open House - SH 249 Grimes County
Navasota Junior High School - Cafeteria
Navasota, Texas 77868 (Map)
Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
TxDOT is holding an open house meeting to present the updated plan for SH 249 from FM 1774 to SH 105 in Grimes County, Texas. The plans will be on display and TxDOT staff will be available to discuss the proposed project. Since this is an open house format, no formal presentation is planned. The public is invited to attend and may come and go at their convenience.
The project was environmentally cleared with a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) on Sept. 9, 2016, as an approximate 10-mile, two-lane roadway on new location with direct connection to SH 105. The roadway was tolled and included passing lanes in alternating directions along the entire alignment and frontage roads on half the alignment.
The following updates to the project are being proposed:
- The project would no longer be tolled
- The project would no longer have passing lanes or frontage roads
- Several previously proposed grade-separated intersections are now proposed as at-grade intersections
- Alignment adjustments to avoid right of way impacts to wetlands and other sensitive environmental features
There are no residential or commercial displacements. Information concerning services and benefits available to affected property owners and information about the tentative schedule for right of way acquisition may be obtained from the district office at the address listed below. Visit the project page for more information.
Special accommodations: Persons interested in attending the meeting who have special communication or accommodation needs are encouraged to contact the District Public Information Officer at (979) 778-9788 at least two days prior to the meeting. Sí desea información en Español, puede llamar al (979) 778-9719. TxDOT will make every reasonable effort to accommodate these needs.
Comments must be received on or before Feb. 9, 2018, to be a part of the official meeting record.
- SH 249 - Intersection at FM 1774 Schematic (Sheet 1 of 7)
- SH 249 - Near Pinebrook Subdivision Schematic (Sheet 2 of 7)
- SH 249 - East of CR 304 Schematic (Sheet 3 of 7)
- SH 249 - West of CR 304 Schematic (Sheet 4 of 7)
- SH 249 - East and West of CR 307 Schematic (Sheet 5 of 7)
- SH 249 - BNSF Railroad to West of FM 1748 Schematic (Sheet 6 of 7)
- SH 249 - Intersection at SH 105 Schematic (Sheet 7 of 7)
- State Purchase of Right of Way - Publications
TxDOT Bryan District
Director of Transportation Planning and Development
2591 N. Earl Rudder Freeway
Bryan, TX 77803
Posted: Jan. 10, 2018