Notice of Availability of Final Environmental Assessment and Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) – I-35 Capital Express North Project
This notice advises the public that a final environmental assessment is available for public review, and TxDOT has issued a finding of no significant impact for the proposed I-35 Capital Express North Project in Travis and Williamson Counties, Texas.
The proposed improvements include:
- adding one non-tolled high-occupancy managed lane in each direction along I-35 from SH 45 North to US 290 East
- reconstructing six bridges
- constructing a Diverging Diamond Intersection at Wells Branch Parkway
- adding bicycle and pedestrian paths
- making additional safety and mobility improvements
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426
Posted: Dec. 20, 2021