Open House - US 183 from Metric Boulevard to Cameron Road
Westover Church of Christ
8332 Mesa Drive
Austin, TX 78759 (Map)
Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019
6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The purpose of the open house is to gather public input on the proposed US 183 project from Metric Boulevard to Cameron Road in the city of Austin, Travis County, Texas. The open house will allow attendees the opportunity to review and comment on the proposed improvements. Attendees may come and go at their convenience. Maps, drawings and project information will be on display and project team members will be available to answer questions. Comments must be received by Friday, Oct. 4, 2019 to be accepted into the official meeting summary.
The proposed project will increase safety and mobility with the following improvements:
- Construct a northbound auxiliary lane from southbound I-35 to the Ohlen Road/Payton Gin Road exit ramp and from the northbound entrance ramp at Lamar Boulevard to the US 183 exit ramp at Burnet Road
- Construct a southbound auxiliary lane from the entrance ramp near Burnet Road to the exit ramp to Lamar Boulevard
- Add of a mainlane from the southbound I-35 exit to the Cameron Road exit
- Add a left-turn lane and pedestrian accommodations at Lamar Boulevard on the northbound frontage road
- Close the northbound US 183 entrance ramp at Georgian Drive
TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The open house will be in English. If you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Please call (512) 832-7001 at least two working days prior to the meeting. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761
Posted August 28, 2019