Public Meeting - I-35 Capital Express Central Project
Davage-Durden Student Union
900 Chicon Street
Austin, Texas 78702
Parking available on Chalmers Avenue opposite gated entrance. The campus is also accessible via CapMetro transit bus routes 4 and 322 as well as the MetroRail Red Line. Please note masks are required on campus and social distancing practices will be observed.
Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021
4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The public meeting provides an opportunity for the public to review and comment on:
- Results of the alternatives evaluation
- Findings from independent study of community alternatives
- Proposed build alternative layouts
Project team members will be available to answer questions and provide information about the study. No formal presentation is planned, and community members are invited to come and go at their convenience. An opportunity to view the meeting materials and comment virtually will also be available starting Aug. 10 through Sept. 24, 2021, via my35capex.com. Comments must be received by Sept. 24, 2021, to be included in the official meeting record.
The proposed improvements include the removal of the existing I-35 decks, lowering the roadway, and adding two high-occupancy-vehicle managed lanes in each direction along I-35 from US 290 East to SH 71/Ben White Boulevard, with additional flyovers at I-35 and US 290 East. The project will also reconstruct east-west cross-street bridges, add pedestrian and bicycle paths, and make additional safety and mobility improvements within the project limits.
The public meeting will be conducted in English. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. If you need interpretation or translation services or you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend and participate in the public meeting, please contact Nic Barbera at (512) 766-3472 no later than Aug. 4, 2021 at 4 p.m. CT. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for the Texas Department of Transportation to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23. U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Display Ad
- Display Ad (Español)
- Video - I-35 Capital Express Central Project Overview
- Public Meeting Exhibit Boards
- Build Alternative Layouts
- Alternatives Evaluation & Screening Process
- Technical Reports
- How to Get Involved in the Aesthetics Process (English/Español)
- Environmental Study Fact Sheet
- Project Overview Fact Sheet (English)
- Project Overview Fact Sheet (Español)
- Right of Way Publications (English/Español)
- Implement Future Corridor Technologies Fact Sheet
- Comment Form (English)
- Comment Form (Español)
- Texas A&M Transportation Institute’s Evaluation of TxDOT Build Alternatives and Community Concepts
- City of Austin's Potential Deck Cap/Wider Bridge Locations - Alternative 2 and Alternative 3