Virtual Public Workshop - Loop 360 from MoPac to RM 2244
This will be an online workshop via a pre-recorded presentation (no in-person workshop).
Beginning at 10 a.m. on July 8, 2020, interested citizens can return to this web page or can visit Loop360Project.com where they will be able to access all workshop materials.
The workshop includes a pre-recorded presentation that explains the proposed improvements and provides additional information about the project. The presentation will include both audio and visual components. Additional materials, including a written transcript of the presentation, display boards, exhibits and supporting documents such as fact sheets, will also be available.
Wednesday, July 8, 2020, at 10 a.m. to Thursday, July 23, 2020, at 5 p.m.
The purpose of the public workshop is to gather input on the proposed improvements on Loop 360 from MoPac to RM 2244, as part of the Loop 360 Program.
The public will be invited to give input on the recommended improvements to help guide the planning of this important transportation improvement project. Comments may be submitted using any of the following methods:
- Online using the comment form on the program website
- By email to: info@Loop360Project.com
- Verbally by calling (512) 904-3800 and leaving a voice message
- By mail to: TxDOT Austin District, Attn: PIO, 7901 N I-35, Austin, TX 78753
Comments must be received by Thursday, July 23, 2020, to be included in the official record of this public workshop.
As an alternative to accessing virtual workshop materials online, members of the public may call project staff at (512) 832-7192 during regular office hours or email info@Loop360Project.com to ask questions about the project, access project materials or submit public comments. The public is welcome to ask questions about the project or give input at any time during the project development process.
Loop 360 has severe and increasing traffic congestion. The Loop 360 program will upgrade multiple intersections along the roadway, improving mobility and safety in the area. The Loop 360 from MoPac to RM 2244 project includes:
- Replacing the existing traffic signals on Loop 360 at Walsh Tarlton Lane and Lost Creek Boulevard with overpasses (where the Loop 360 mainlanes go over the cross street), including non-signalized U-turns in both directions
- Replacing the traffic signals on Loop 360 at Westbank Drive with either an overpass or an underpass, including non-signalized U-turns in both directions
- Removing the mainlane traffic signal at Las Cimas Parkway and adding a signal on the new northbound frontage road
- Removing the traffic signals at the southern entrance to Barton Creek Square and removing existing crossovers
- Adding a north-to-south U-turn at RM 2244
- Constructing continuous north and southbound frontage roads throughout the project limits
- Adding shared-use paths and sidewalks within the project limits to improve bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
In Aug. 2019, TxDOT hosted a public workshop for the Loop 360 at Walsh Tarlton Lane project. Using feedback gathered at the workshop, TxDOT combined proposed improvements for the Walsh Tarlton Lane intersection with those for Westbank Drive and Lost Creek Boulevard to ensure safe access and streamline the environmental process. TxDOT will include feedback submitted as part of the first workshop for Walsh Tarlton Lane in the project moving forward.
Persons interested in attending the meeting who have special communication or accommodation needs are encouraged to contact Crystal Wotipka at (512) 832-7192 at least two working days prior to the meeting. The public meeting will be conducted in English. Any requests for language interpreters or other special communication needs should also be made at least two days prior to the public meeting. TxDOT will make every reasonable effort to accommodate these needs.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426
Posted: June 12, 2020