Virtual Public Meeting – US 87 from east of US 385 to FM 2589
A pre-recorded presentation and meeting materials are available for viewing below, and were posted on this page by the date and time listed below.
Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020 by 9 a.m.
The Texas Department of Transportation (“TxDOT”) is proposing to improve US 87 from east of US 385 to FM 2589 in Hartley and Moore counties, Texas. This notice advises the public that TxDOT will be conducting a virtual public meeting on the proposed project.
A pre-recorded video presentation will be provided and will include both audio and visual components. Maps and drawings showing the project location and design, tentative construction schedules, and other exhibits and information will also be available. Please note that the presentation will not be available on the website until the time and date listed above. If you do not have internet access, you may call (806) 356-3294 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, to ask questions and access project materials during the project development process. Formal comments may be submitted by mail or email as explained below.
The project is located in Hartley and Moore counties near the communities of Hartley and Dumas. The purpose of this project is to improve safety, connectivity, and mobility along the US 87 corridor. The project length is approximately 19-miles long. The proposed improvements include expanding from the current super-two configuration into a 4-lane divided highway along US 87 from east of US 385, near Hartley, to FM 2589 west of Dumas. The existing right-of-way width varies from 100 feet to 150 feet and the proposed right-of-way varies approximately from 210 feet to 250 feet.
The proposed project would, subject to final design considerations, require additional right-of-way and potentially displace several residences and 7 non-residential structures. Relocation assistance is available for displaced persons and businesses. Information about the TxDOT Relocation Assistance Program and services and benefits for those displaced and other affected property owners, as well as information about the tentative schedule for right-of-way acquisition and construction, can be obtained from the TxDOT district office by calling (806) 356-3200.
The proposed project would involve construction in wetlands. The proposed project would involve an action in a floodplain.
Written comments from the public regarding the proposed project are requested and may be submitted by mail to Blair Johnson, P.E., TxDOT Amarillo District Engineer, 5715 Canyon Dr., Amarillo, Texas, 79110. Written comments may also be submitted by email: Amarillo Project Input. Comments must be received or postmarked no later than fifteen (15) calendar days following the virtual public meeting date, which is Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2020. TxDOT will provide written responses to individual comments in a timely manner following the public meeting.
The virtual public meeting will be conducted in English. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. If you need interpretation or translation services or you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend and participate in the virtual public meeting, please contact Chris Johnson, P.M.P., Project Manager, TxDOT Amarillo District at (806) 356-3294 no later than 4 p.m. CT, Oct. 16, 2020. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange. For additional information about the virtual public meeting, or general questions regarding the proposed project, please contact Christopher Johnson, P.M.P., Project Manager at (806) 356-3294.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23. U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019 and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
Instructions for Viewing Presentation:
TxDOT has created basic instructions in an effort to help the public understand the basics of participating in a virtual public meeting/hearing. Before viewing the video presentation, click on the link below to read through the instructions.
- Instructions for Viewing a Pre-Recorded Presentation
- Instructions for Viewing a Pre-Recorded Presentation (Español)
For full screen, please visit our YouTube page.
- Notice (Español)
- Display Ad
- Display Ad (Español)
- Exhibit Boards
- Environmental Constraints Maps
- Presentation and Script
- 1 of 16 - US 385 to 1.2 miles east of US 385
- 2 of 16 - 1.2 miles east of US 385 to 0.3 mile west of Snyder Road
- 3 of 16 - 0.3 mile west of Snyder Road to 1.25 miles west of Fords Road
- 4 of 16 - 1.25 miles west of Fords Road to Fords Road (CR 171)
- 5 of 16 - Fords Road (CR 171) to 1.5 miles east of Fords Road (CR 171)
- 6 of 16 - 1.5 miles east of Fords Road (CR 171) to just west of FM 3138
- 7 of 16 - Just west of FM 3138 to 1.3 miles east of FM 3138
- 8 of 16 - 1.3 miles east of FM 3138 to 0.7 mile east of CR 49
- 9 of 16 - 0.7 mile east of CR 49 to 1 mile west of County Line Road
- 10 of 16 - 1 mile west of County Line Road to 0.6 mile east of County Line Road
- 11 of 16 - 0.4 mile east of County Line Road to 1.2 miles west of Buddy Kline Road
- 12 of 16 - 1.2 miles west of Buddy Kline Road to 0.2 mile east of Buddy Kline Road
- 13 of 16 - 0.2 mile east of Buddy Kline Road to 0.4 mile west of Hunt Road
- 14 of 16 - 0.4 mile west of Hunt Road to 1 mile east of Hunt Road
- 15 of 16 - 1 mile east of Hunt Road to 0.3 mile east of FM 2589
- 16 of 16 - 0.3 mile east of FM 2589 to 0.3 mile east of Moore County Airport
- Comment Card
- Comment Card (Español)
- State Purchase of Right of Way
- State Purchase of Right of Way (Español)
- Relocation Assistance
- Relocation Assistance (Español)
- Title VI
- Título VI
TxDOT Amarillo District
5715 Canyon Drive
Amarillo, TX 79110
Posted: Oct. 1, 2020