Navarro Street (BU 77) Median Project
The Yoakum District of Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) in partnership with the Victoria Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is proposing improvements to Navarro Street (BU 77) from Loop 463 to Airline Road.
The proposed project scope includes:
- Construction of approximately 14,000 feet of median barrier along Navarro Street
- The median barrier would vary in width from approximately 2.5 feet to 17 feet
- The barrier would be approximately 8 inches in height
- Left turn lanes would be constructed in the median at various locations to allow turning movements
Proposed project Purpose and Need:
What are we trying to do?
- Improve safety
- Increase mobility
- Reduce crashes
What problems are we trying to address?
- Reduced mobility and decreased safety due to increase in traffic volumes*
- The number of crashes within project limits
* The annual average daily traffic (AADT) has increased by approximately 3,000 vehicles per day since 2014. The 2015 AADT is 36,692.
TxDOT hosted a Stakeholder Meeting on Wednesday, April 5, 2017. Public input is a very important part of the project process.