SH 242 from I-45 to US 59 in Montgomery County
The scope of this study is an approximate 15-mile section of SH 242 from I-45 to US 59 in Montgomery County.
The existing roadway consists of an undivided two-lane roadway, signals and turning lanes present at major intersections.
Construction of a four-lane divided roadway has been completed from I-45 to Needham Road.
- The proposed roadway improvement project would upgrade the existing two-lane undivided roadway to a four-lane divided roadway.
- The proposed project would be constructed within existing right of way.
This study is a partnership between TxDOT and the Federal Highway Administration.
- Project Location Map
- Public Meeting Summary Report - August 2009
- SH 242 Schematic from I-45 to East of San Jacinto River
- SH 242 Schematic from East of San Jacinto River to FM 1314
- SH 242 Schematic from East of FM 1314 to Old Houston Road
- SH 242 Schematic from East of Old Houston Road to FM 1485
- SH 242 Schematic from East of FM 1485 to Nortcrest Trail
- SH 242 Schematic from Northcrest Trail to I-69
Texas Department of Transportation
PO Box 1386
Houston, TX 77251-1386