I-20 to Markum Ranch Road and I-30 to Linkcrest Drive
The proposed project would include three new interchanges on I-20 and one new interchange on I-30. Portions of the existing frontage roads along I-20 and I-30 would be reconstructed and shared-use paths for bicycle and pedestrian accommodations would be provided. The project includes operational improvements to existing cross streets, main lanes, ramps and auxiliary lanes. The existing facility would be upgraded to meet current TxDOT design criteria. Additionally, the project would evaluate necessary drainage improvements.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 19, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Between 1973 and 1986, I-20 and I-30 (within the project limits) was constructed
- In 2012, TxDOT and FHWA approved a schematic and Interstate Access Justification Report for the proposed Walsh Ranch Parkway interchange at I-30 (and other related improvements)
- In 2016, the I-30/Walsh Ranch Parkway interchange construction was completed with the Walsh Ranch Parkway Bridge over I-30 and construction of a ramp and frontage road improvements from the I-20/I-30 interchange to near the Parker/Tarrant County line
- In 2018, construction was completed to widen the FM 1187/FM 3325 Bridge over I-20. The bridge was widened to a five-lane section with sidewalks and included frontage road intersection improvements
The purpose of this project is to improve mobility, enhance access, reduce congestion and improve safety. The anticipated environmental and schematic approval is expected in fall 2021.
Current funding status:
- $35 million allocated toward the interim project
- The total project cost estimated at $156 million is not fully funded. TxDOT will continue to work with NCTCOG and regional partners to secure full funding for the project
- Project Limits Board
- Constraints Map
- Schematic 1
- Schematic 2
- Schematic 3
- Schematic 4
- Schematic Alternative - 1
- Schematic Alternative - 2
- Schematic Alternative - 3
- Schematic Alternative - 4
TxDOT Fort Worth District Office
2501 SW Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76133