US 59 Texarkana – Queen City Route Study
TxDOT conducted a study to identify a route to ultimately be constructed to interstate standards and designated as Interstate 369 (I-369).
US 59 in the Texarkana area, south to Queen City, does not currently meet interstate standards. The US 59 Texarkana–Queen City Route Study included the development and evaluation of options for the extension of I-369 from SL 151 in Texarkana (Bowie County) south to FM 2327 north of Queen City near the community of Lanark in Cass County (approximately 16 miles). The route study:
- Established the need and purpose for the project
- Characterized the environmental setting
- Developed and screened route options to determine which ones should be advanced for further detailed schematic design and environmental study
TxDOT worked closely with local stakeholders and the general public to provide input to the route study, including the route options considered. Local input helped guide TxDOT on I-369 extension project development in the Texarkana-Queen City area. Public open houses were held on July 24 and July 26, 2018. TxDOT will consider the feedback received in its decision-making process moving forward.
- Fact Sheet
- Project Location Map
- July 2018 Public Meeting Display Boards
- At Grade and Elevated Route Options
- East Route Option
- West Route Option
- South Common Upgrade
- Route Study Report
- Public Meetings Summary Report
- Online Engagement Survey Results
The study began in the summer of 2017 and ended in September 2018.
TxDOT Atlanta District
701 E. Main St.
Atlanta, TX 75551