I-20 at US 84 (Roscoe Interchange)
TxDOT is proposing improvements to the interchange of I-20 at US 84 (Roscoe Interchange) in Nolan County to enhance safe movement between I-20 and US 84, address design deficiencies at the interchange and accommodate future improvements and capacity projects as the use of the I-20 corridor increases.
Four alternatives were evaluated for potential environmental, right-of-way and displacement impacts. Two of those alternatives have been forwarded for future evaluation. Proposed improvements considered in the alternatives are:
- Flatten the I-20 curves to meet current design standards
- Redesign direct connectors between I-20 and US 84 to meet current design standards
- Provide the potential (future) eastbound I-20 to westbound US 84 direct connection
- Optimize ramp connections
- Reconstruct frontage roads along I-20
Public input is crucial to this study's success. All members of the community are highly encouraged to give feedback and suggestions on what improvement they do and do not want to see.
TxDOT Abilene District
4250 N. Clack St.
Abilene, TX, 79601