Virtual Public Hearing and Notice of Draft Environmental Assessments - Loop 88
The pre-recorded presentation video is available below. It will be available through Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
The pre-recorded video presentation was posted here on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 4 pm.
The purpose of the virtual public hearing is to present the proposed Loop 88 project for Segments 1, 2, and 4 and solicit public comments. The virtual public hearing materials will consist of a video presentation explaining the proposed projects, which includes both audio and video components, along with other exhibits and materials for review. Formal comments may be provided by mail, email, or voicemail as described below and must be postmarked or otherwise received by Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
TxDOT plans to construct Loop 88 by converting the existing rural roadways to an access-controlled six-lane divided freeway with frontage roads and ramps. Interchanges will be developed at designated cross streets. Loop 88 Segments 1 and 2 project limits are from US 84 to US 62/82, a length of approximately 16.05 miles in Lubbock and Lubbock County. Loop 88 Segment 4 project limits are from US 87 to US 84, a length of approximately 8.8 miles in Lubbock County. The existing farm-to-market roadways are two-lane rural roadways approximately 80- to 120-feet wide and the county roadways are unimproved dirt roads approximately 20- to 24-feet wide. The proposed project is an added capacity roadway project with a proposed right-of-way (ROW) width of 400-feet.
Formal comments must be received by Wednesday, June 24, 2020 to be included in the public hearing minutes. Comments may be submitted for the virtual public hearing through voicemail, email, and mail. To submit a comment by voicemail, call (806) 370-8060. To submit an email comment, send your comment to LBB_Projects@txdot.gov. To mail a comment, print out the comment form below and send it to Shelley Harris, P.E., TxDOT Lubbock District Office, 135 Slaton Road, Lubbock, TX 79404. The comment period is from June 9, 2020 to June 24, 2020.
TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The open house will be in English. If you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Please call (806) 748-4472 at least two working days prior to the meeting. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 9, 2019, and executed by the Federal Highway Administration and TxDOT.
- Project Location Map
- Comment Card
- Presentation and Script
- US 62/Loop 88 Interchange Traffic Simulation
- Draft Environmental Assessment-Segments 1 & 2
- Draft Environmental Assessment-Segment 4
- Technical Reports
- Segment 1 (CSJ: 1502-02-002)
- From US 84 south of Shallowater to 1683 ft. west of CR 1700 (Milwaukee Avenue)
- From 1683 ft. west of CR 1700 (Milwaukee Ave.) to 500 ft. east of CR 1500 (Alcove)
- From 500 ft. east of CR 1500 (Alcove) to 1900 ft. west of FM 179
- From 1900 ft. west of FM 179 to CR 6300 (Kent)
- From CR 6300 (Kent) to 3400 ft. north of CR 6520 (Evans Street)
- From 3400 ft. north of CR 6520 (Evans Street) to 900 ft. south of FM 2255 (4th Street)
- From 900 ft. south of FM 2255 (4th Street) to 2900 ft. south of SH 114 (19th Street)
- Segment 2 (CSJ: 1502-02-002)
- From 2900 ft. south of SH 114 (19th Street) to 300 ft. south of CR 6900 (50th Street)
- From 300 ft. south of CR 6900 (50th Street) to 3500 ft. south of CR 7000 (66th Street)
- From 3500 ft. south of CR 7000 (66th Street) to 3650 ft. southwest of CR 7100 (82nd Street)
- From 3650 ft. southwest of CR 7100 (82nd Street) to 3550-feet northwest of US 62
- From 3550-feet northwest of US 62 to 4300-feet southeast of US 62
- US 62, US 82, and SL 88 Interchange
- Segment 4 (CSJ: 1502-03-006)
- US 87 and SL 88 Interchange
- From US 87 to 3650-feet west of CR 2500 (Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard)
- From 3650-feet west of CR 2500 (Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard) to 1-mile east of CR 2500 (Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard)
- From 1-mile east of CR 2500 (Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard) to CR 2700
- From CR 2700 to 1700-feet west of CR 2900
- From 1700-feet west of CR 2900 to 1550-feet east of CR 3000
- From 1550-feet east of CR 3000 to 4150-feet east of CR 3100
- Interchange of US 84 north of Slaton and SL 88
- Segment 1 (CSJ: 1502-02-002)
- Right of Way Documents
Shelley Harris, P.E.
District Design Engineer
TxDOT Lubbock District
135 Slaton Road
Lubbock, TX 79404
Posted on Lubbock County Website: May 22, 2020
Posted on TxDOT Website: May 29, 2020