Selling Goods and Non-Professional Services to TxDOT
Rules established by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) govern the purchasing practices of TxDOT.
Register on the Centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL). State agencies select vendors from the CMBL for solicitations based on the following dollar thresholds:
- Over $25,000 - Solicitations (IFB, RFP, RFO) are advertised on the open market and posted on the Electronic State Business Daily site. All CMBL-listed vendors under the class and item for the requested commodity or service will receive notice of the solicitation. Solicitations are formal, requiring sealed responses by a specified opening or closing date and time. Other interested vendors may make a written request any time prior to the bid opening date and time.
- $5,000 to $25,000 - A minimum of three vendors from the CMBL are solicited. Two-thirds of the vendors solicited should be Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs).
- Under $5,000 - One quote may be requested from a CMBL vendor for a purchase order award.
Obtaining Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Certification
Companies interested in doing business with the state are encouraged to become HUB certified. This may be accomplished by completing a HUB application and submitting it to the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
Getting a Product Evaluated
TXDOT's product evaluation program focuses on products used on the highway rights of way.
Responding to a Solicitation
- Review the terms and conditions and all requirements stated in the solicitation
- Prepare your response as specified in the solicitation
- Submit responses on or before the date and time specified at the location designated on the solicitation.
Obtaining a Bid Tabulation
Current bid tabulation information for solicitations issued by TxDOT are posted online
Knowing When an Award has Been Made
- For purchases over $25,000, go to the ESBD, in the "Search Type" field, select "Search Awards" and type in the solicitation number in the "Requisition Number" field to view the award information.
- For purchases less than $25,000 the awarded vendor will be notified by the purchaser.
Fulfilling a Purchase Order
- Read the purchase order, terms and conditions closely to ensure you meet all requirements.
- Do not make substitutions or cancellations without prior written approval from TxDOT.
- Verify the delivery and invoice addresses as they may be different.
- Understand that goods and services are subject to TxDOT's review.
Invoicing and Receiving a Payment
- Include the purchase order number and a valid employer identification number on the invoice.
- TxDOT prefers to receive invoices electronically. Please send invoices to email@example.com
- Payment will be made in accordance with the Texas Government Code, Chapter 2251. TxDOT will incur no penalty for late payment if payment is made in 30 days or less from receipt of goods or services and a correct invoice, whichever is later.
- Direct deposit of payment is available, call the Finance Division (512) 486-5633.