E-Verify system - important affirmation requirement
In accordance with SB 312, effective with October 2017-let projects, TxDOT will not award a contract to a contractor that is not registered in the Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify Program. Contractors must remain active in E-Verify throughout the life of the contract. Subcontractors must remain active in E-Verify until their work is completed.
- If your company is not already registered, register here.
- Upon registration, the system automatically creates the E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding for Employers. Note: If you need technical support, contact E-Verify Customer Support.
- Access your company's E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding for Employers and save the file as a PDF.
- As affirmation of your company's compliance with SB 312, follow these instructions to submit the E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding for Employers.
Failure to submit the appropriate E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding for Employers will result in the following:
- The apparent low bidder will be deemed non-responsive, and their proposal guaranty will become the property of the state, not as a penalty, but as liquidated damages. The bidder forfeiting the proposal guaranty will not be considered in future proposals for the same work unless there has been a substantial change in the scope of the work.
- Subcontractors will not be approved to work on TxDOT projects until the documentation has been provided.
Contractors confirmed as participating in E-Verify
Once a contractor or subcontractor has complied with these requirements, TxDOT will add the company name to the list of contractors confirmed as participating in E-Verify to identify prime contractors and subcontractors who have provided the requested documentation to confirm participation in the E-Verify System.
Disclaimer: This list is informational only and should be used as a supplement to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) E-Verify Search Tool.
By clicking the Accept button below to view Contractors Confirmed as Participating in E-Verify, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the above statement.