Airport guidance for COVID-19 operations
TxDOT Aviation is dedicated to helping our airports, especially during this time, and remains focused on providing support and continuing airport development projects. To provide important information to Texas general aviation airports and stakeholders, TxDOT Aviation Division created this page to post guidance and updates, received from state and federal agencies regarding funding opportunities, and safe operation recommendations, that may assist airports during the COVID-19 pandemic. TxDOT Aviation will continue to update this site; so, please check back regularly. Thank you for your role in keeping Texas airports safe and operational during this unprecedented time.
Department of Public Safety Information for Travelers Impacted by Governor Abbott's Executive Order Mandating 14-Day Quarantine for Travelers Coming into Texas by Air and Road.
FAA COVID-19 related updates
Visit FAA for more information.
- Updated FAA Information Regarding Airport Sponsors Considering Restrictions or Accommodations (May 29, 2020)
- Considerations for State, Local, and Territorial COVID-19 Restrictions That Impact Air Transportation
- Information for Airport Sponsors COVID-19 (March 28, 2020)
- FAA Compliance Guidance Letter 2020-01
- FAA Travel Advisory NOTAM to Operators
FAA CARES Act information and updates
FAA releases updated guidance for 2020 CARES Act Grants for Airports
- CARES Act FAQs (May 29, 2020)
- CARES Act Airport Grants Presentation (April 14, 2020)
- CARES Act Grant Amounts to Airports (April 14, 2020)
- Map of CARES Act Airport Grants (April 14, 2020)
COVID-19: Guidance for general aviation fuel providers
Guidance on mitigating issues associated with “low use” refueling equipment amidst the current COVID-19 health crisis, including:
- Microbial growth in filter vessels and other parts of fuel delivery systems; tanks and piping.
- Increased water production in fuel tanks with low volumes.
- Fuel left static in hoses will change color and possibly be drawn off-specification.
Visit National Air Transportation Association for more information.
DHS advisory memorandum on identification of essential critical infrastructure workers during COVID-19 response
TxDOT CARES Act teleconference information
- Request for CARES Act Funding Form
- TXDOT CARES Act Frequently Asked Questions
- CARES Grant Request for Reimbursement Form
- Instructions for Submitting CARES ACT Reimbursement Requests
- TxDOT CARES ACT Briefing Teleconference - Recorded Presentation
- TxDOT AVN Guidance - CARES Act EligibleExpenditures (June 2020)
Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program (CRRSAA) and Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program (ACRGP)
- Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriation Act
- Presentation on Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act
- Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Airport Coronavirus Recovery Grants Program Allocations
- Request for FY2021 Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program Application Form
- CRRSAA Grant Closeout Form
- CRRSAA Request for Reimbursement Form
- Instructions for Submitting CRRSAA Reimbursement Requests