Connecting you with Texas.
A forward-thinking leader delivering mobility, enabling economic opportunity, and enhancing quality of life for all Texans.
People are the Department’s most important customer, asset, and resource. The well-being, safety, and quality of life for Texans and the traveling public are of the utmost concern to the Department. We focus on relationship building, customer service, and partnerships.
We accept responsibility for our actions and promote open communication and transparency at all times.
We strive to earn and maintain confidence through reliable and ethical decision-making.
We conduct ourselves with the highest degree of integrity, respect, and truthfulness.
Goals and objectives
Deliver the right projects
Implement effective planning and forecasting processes that deliver the right projects on-time and on-budget.
- Use scenario-based forecasting, budgeting, and resource management practices to plan and program projects.
- Align plans and programs with strategic goals.
- Adhere to planned budgets and schedules.
- Provide post-delivery project and program analysis.
Focus on the customer
People are at the center of everything we do.
- Be transparent, open, and forthright in agency communications.
- Strengthen our key partnerships and relationships with a customer service focus.
- Incorporate customer feedback and comments into agency practices, project development, and policies.
- Emphasize customer service in all TxDOT operations.
Ensure efficient use of state resources.
- Use fiscal resources responsibly.
- Protect our natural resources.
- Operate efficiently and manage risk.
Optimize system performance
Develop and operate an integrated transportation system that provides reliable and accessible mobility, and enables economic growth.
- Mitigate congestion.
- Enhance connectivity and mobility.
- Improve the reliability of our transportation system.
- Facilitate the movement of freight and international trade.
- Foster economic competitiveness through infrastructure investments.
Preserve our assets
Deliver preventive maintenance for TxDOT’s system and capital assets to protect our investments.
- Maintain and preserve system infrastructure to achieve a state of good repair and avoid asset deterioration.
- Procure, secure, and maintain equipment, technology, and buildings to achieve a state of good repair and prolong life cycle and utilization.
Champion a culture of safety.
- Reduce crashes and fatalities by continuously improving guidelines and innovations along with increased targeted awareness and education.
- Reduce employee incidents.
Value our employees
Respect and care for the well-being and development of our employees.
- Emphasize internal communications.
- Support and facilitate the development of a successful and skilled workforce through recruitment, training and mentoring programs, succession planning, trust, and empowerment.
- Encourage a healthy work environment through wellness programs and work-life balance.