Loop 336 from East of Cypress Lane Boulevard to West of FM 1314
The scope of this study is a 2.5-mile section of Loop 336 from I-45 to west of FM 1314.
The existing Loop 336 (from west of Stewarts Forest Drive to west of FM 1314) consists of two lanes with a shoulder on the eastbound side. A left-turn lane is present at FM 1314. The construction area for the east bound lanes to the south of the existing roadway, has been cleared and maintained since the purchase of the right-of-way (ROW). The project is located within the city of Conroe, Montgomery County.
The proposed project includes improvements to Loop 336 South from I-45 to FM 1314 in Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas. The total project length is approximately 2.5 miles. The proposed project would create a divided four-lane highway by constructing a two-lane roadway to the south of the existing roadway. The new lanes would serve as the east bound lanes with the existing lanes being converted to serve west bound traffic. The proposed project would be constructed within the existing 300-foot ROW. A sidewalk would be included with the east bound lane construction.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
This study is a partnership between TxDOT and the Federal Highway Administration.
- Public Meeting Summary Report - Dec. 6, 2016
- Public Meeting - Dec. 6, 2016
- Notice Affording Opportunity for a Public Hearing - Feb. 20, 2018
- Archeological Survey Technical Report
- Archeological Background Study Technical Report
- Air Quality Technical Report
- Biological Evaluation Form
- Hazardous Materials Initial Site Assessment Report
- Information for Planning and Consultation Report
- Traffic Noise Technical Report
- Community Impacts Assessment Technical Report
- Indirect and Cumulative Impacts Technical Report
Reference the following project number: 0338-11-056