I-45 (NASA 1 Bypass to South FM 518)
This construction project includes improvements on I-45 from NASA 1 Bypass to the south of FM 518, in Harris and Galveston counties.
Planned construction improvements
Planned improvements include the following:
- Reversing and braiding the northbound entrance and exit ramps; this means the northbound entrance and exit ramps will be reversed, and the northbound entrance ramp will go over the northbound exit ramp
- Widening northbound exit ramp to a two-lane exit ramp
- Lengthening Clear Creek frontage road bridges
- Constructing detention ponds
Approximately six acres of additional right of way are required for the proposed design changes. No additional displacements are anticipated.
- Re-evaluation determination for these design changes was approved by TxDOT on Aug. 30, 2016
- Construction completion date is estimated in December 2021
Lane closure and detour information
Lane closure and detour information can be monitored by:
- Checking Houston TranStar for closure and detour information
- Checking DriveTexas.Org for closure and detour information
- Following us on the TxDOT Houston Twitter site