I-45 (FM 518 to FM 1764)
This construction project includes design changes to the I-45 (Gulf Freeway) improvement and reconstruction project, from south of FM 518 to FM 1764, located within Galveston County, Texas.
Planned construction improvements
Planned improvements include the following:
- Revising entrance and exit ramp locations
- Constructing detention ponds; approximately 20 acres of additional right-of-way would be required for the proposed detention ponds
No additional displacements are anticipated.
- Re-evaluation determination for these design changes was approved by TxDOT on Aug. 26, 2016
- FM 518 to FM 517 segment is anticipated to be completed in April 2021
- FM 517 to FM 1764 is anticipated to be completed in September 2022
Lane closure and detour information
Lane closure and detour information can be monitored by:
- Checking Houston TranStar for closure and detour information
- Checking DriveTexas for closure and detour information
- Following us on the TxDOT Houston Twitter site