CR 59 from CR 48 to Kirby Drive
Brazoria County, in cooperation with TxDOT, is proposing to widen CR 59 from CR 48 to Kirby Drive in Brazoria County, Texas. The purpose of the proposed project is to improve mobility and bring the roadway up to current design and safety standards.
CR 59, within the project limits, consists of a rural two-lane roadway, with one 10-foot-wide travel lane in each direction, no shoulders, and open ditches. No sidewalks or bike lanes are present.
- Widen from two to four lanes (two in each direction)
- Add a raised concrete median
- Construct a 10-foot wide shared use path with pedestrian ramps on the north side of the roadway
- Construct a redesigned open ditch drainage system
- Construct a detention pond
The proposed improvements would require approximately 17 acres of additional right of way (eight acres for the roadway and nine acres for the detention pond) and would potentially require the displacement of one outbuilding.
- A Public hearing is anticipated to be held mid-2019
- Finalize environmental studies
- Begin ROW acquisition in fall of 2019