I-45 Fairfield Project
The purpose of this project is to improve traffic flow and safety of the frontage road along I-45 in the Fairfield area.
- Realign frontage roads at the intersections
- Improve intersections
- Convert frontage road to one-way (Church Street to FM 27)
- Relocate ramps and add ramps
- Add frontage road between Church Street and US 84
- Rehabilitate frontage roads
- Construct shared use paths for bicyclists and pedestrians (Both sides of IH 45)
At the last Open House Public Meeting, two options were shown. Option 1 was selected as preferred and revised based on further investigations and public input.
The project let in December of 2022 and is currently under construction.