FM 3099 – Stephens County
The TxDOT Brownwood District is proposing to improve the FM 3099 roadway from Northglen Road to 0.2 miles south of US 180 in Breckenridge, along with the intersection at US 180 in Stephens County, Texas. The purpose of the 0.826-mile project is to improve safety at this intersection.
The proposed project involves realigning an intersection to match the northern intersection of FM 3099. This will involve work to the south of US 180 on FM 3099 for approximately 0.2 miles and include less than 1.7 acres of new right of way. From just north of US 180 on FM 3099, work will include rebuilding driveways and resurfacing the roadway for approximately 0.4 miles to Northglen Road. Work on US 180 will include construction for approximately 800 feet to the west of the current southern intersection and 850 feet to the east of the current intersection to allow for restriping, constructing a right-turn lane, replacing culverts and adding sidewalks.
The proposed project would, subject to final design considerations, require additional right of way and potentially displace one non-residential structure.
- Finalize project design: Spring 2021
- Environmental clearance: April 2021
- Right-of-way acquisition complete: Summer 2022
- Begin utility relocations: Fall 2022
- Contract letting (bidding): Winter 2023
- Construction begins: Estimated Spring/Summer 2023
- Projected project cost: Approximately $2.5 million