US 90 at Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) - Liberty County
The TxDOT Beaumont District is proposing to build an overpass bridge over the existing UPRR and eliminate the at-grade crossing in the city of Dayton, located in Liberty County, Texas.
The purpose of the proposed project is to enhance safety and improve mobility by eliminating the at-grade crossing to reduce travel delays due to the interaction of trains and vehicles at the US 90/UPRR intersection.
The approximately one-mile project includes:
- Removing the at-grade crossing
- Building an overpass bridge over the existing UPRR
- Adding U-turns to maintain access
- Adding safety lighting
No right of way or displacements are anticipated. The project will take place within the existing right of way ranging from 128 to 131-feet wide on US 90.
- Conduct environmental review - Spring 2022
- Complete environmental clearance - Summer of 2023
- Finalize design and construction plans - Fall 2024
- Start construction upon approval - Estimated in 2024