Virtual Public Meeting - Loop 286 in Paris
The virtual public meeting is now available.
Thursday, July 16, 2020
TxDOT is proposing short-term and long-term improvements to Loop 286 around Paris, Texas, a total project length of approximately 15.5 miles. This notice advises the public that TxDOT will be conducting an online virtual public meeting on the proposed project. All comments must be received on or before July 31, 2020.
The purpose of the Loop 286 project is to improve safety, increase regional mobility, improve traffic operations and address roadway deficiencies. Maps showing the project location and design as well as other information regarding the proposed project will be available online at the website listed above.
The proposed project would, subject to final design considerations, require additional right of way and potentially displace four residences and seven non-residential structures.
How to submit comments:
If you would like to submit your comments on the project to be included in the official public meeting record, please submit a comment card by mail or email. You can also submit your comments electronically.
TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The public meeting will be in English. If you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Please call (903) 737-9213 by July 14, 2020. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time to arrange.
- Comment Card
- Viewing Guide for Roll Plots
- Documentation of Public Meeting
Ultimate Project Roll Plots:
- Roll 1 – South of US 82 W to North of US 82 W
- Roll 2 – North of US 82 W to West of US 79
- Roll 3 – West of US 79 to East of US 79
- Roll 4 – East of US 79 to East of Stillhouse Road
- Roll 5 – East of Stillhouse Road to East of FM 195
- Roll 6 – East of FM 195 to South of US 82 E
- Roll 7– LP 286 and US 271 S Interchange
- Roll 8 – North of FM 137 to South of FM 137
- Roll 9 – South of FM 137 to East of SH 19/SH 24
- Roll 10 – East of SH 19/SH 24 to West of S Collegiate Drive
- Roll 11 – West of S Collegiate Drive to East of FM 905
- Roll 12 – East of FM 905 to Big Sandy Creek
Northeast Interim Project Roll Plots:
Southeast Interim Project Roll Plots:
- Roll 1 – SH 19/SH 24 to West of S Collegiate Drive
- Roll 2 – West of S Collegiate Drive to East of S Collegiate
- Roll 3 – East of S Collegiate Drive to Big Sandy Creek
Right of Way Documents:
TxDOT Paris District
1365 N. Main Street
Paris, TX 75460
Posted: June 24, 2020