Notice Affording Opportunity for Public Hearing - FM 521
TxDOT proposes to widen FM 521 from FM 2234 to SH 6 in Fort Bend County, Texas. This notice advises the public that draft environmental documents are available for public review and that TxDOT is affording an opportunity for a public hearing on the proposed project.
The project proposes to widen the FM 521 roadway from a two-lane undivided roadway to a four-lane divided facility and also includes the following:
- Adding a raised median
- Adding turn lanes at various locations
- Adding a sidwalk on the east side of the roadway
- Adding an overpass at Broadway Street
The total distance of the project is approximately 5.3 miles. The purpose of the proposed project is to add capacity, improve mobility and traffic safety and to construct the roadway to meet current design standards. The proposed project would be constructed within the existing right of way (ROW) and may require additional ROW for storm water detention ponds and the proposed overpass. The proposed ROW would be acquired from undeveloped property; therefore, no displacements are anticipated to occur.
Any interested citizen may request a public hearing covering the social, economic and environmental effects of the proposed location and design for this project. Requests for a public hearing must be submitted in writing on or before Friday, June 23, 2017, to:
TxDOT Houston District Office
Director of Project Development
P.O. Box 1386
Houston, TX 77251-1386
Exhibits showing schematic plans for the proposed project and other information relative to the project are on file and available for inspection Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the following locations:
- TxDOT Houston District Office – 7600 Washington Avenue, Houston, Texas 77007. To schedule an appointment at this location, please call (713) 802-5513.
- TxDOT Area Office in Fort Bend – 4235 SH 36, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. To schedule an appointment at this location, please call (281) 238-7900.
- TxDOT Area Office in Brazoria – 1033 E. Orange, Angleton, Texas 77515. To schedule an appointment at this location, please call (979) 864-8500.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Notice (Español)
- Project Location
- FM 521 Schematic - FM 2234 to north of Broadway Street
- FM 521 Schematic - North of Broadway Street to south of Broadway Street
- FM 521 Schematic - South of Broadway Street to north of Sycamore Street
- FM 521 Schematic - North of Sycamore Street to SH 6
- FM 521 Schematic - Ultimate Grade Separation at Broadway Street
- FM 521 Schematic - Interim At-Grade Intersection at Broadway Street
Please reference project number: 0111-03-059
TxDOT Houston District
P.O. Box 1386
Houston, Texas 77251-1386
Posted: May 30, 2017