I-10 from FM 2761 to FM 3538
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), Yoakum District, is proposing to widen and reconstruct Interstate Highway (I- 10) from FM 2761 in Colorado County, Texas to FM 3538 in Austin County, Texas. The total distance is approximately 9 miles.
The proposed project would reconstruct and widen the existing facility to six mainlanes, and convert two-way frontage roads to one-way frontage roads to enhance capacity and improve safety. An additional 6 acres of right-of-way would be required.
The current conditions of I-10 within the limits of the project consist of two main lanes in each direction and two-way frontage roads.
- Interstate 10 serves as a major east-west corridor in the Southern United States.
- Interstate 10 serves as a hurricane evacuation route for areas west of Houston.
The purpose of the proposed project is to meet local and regional future travel demands by increasing capacity, improving the safety of the roadway by correcting geometric deficiencies, upgrading the facility to meet current design standards and providing more efficient hurricane evacuation.
- Widen I-10 mainlanes to three (3) lanes in each direction
- Convert existing two-way frontage roads to one-way
- Approximately six (6) acres of right-of-way would be required.
- Notice Affording the Opportunity for a Public Hearing - October 6, 2018
- Reach Environmental Decision
Reference the following project number: [0271-02-049]
TxDOT Yoakum District