FM 2275 from FM 3272 in White Oak East to SH 300 in Longview
TxDOT is developing plans to improve FM 2275 from FM 3272 in White Oak east to SH 300 in Longview.
Improvements to this east/west corridor would include:
- Widening from the existing two-lane road to a four-lane roadway with a flush median
- Adding a continuous left-turn lane to provide additional safety
- Incorporating a designated bicycle lane and sidewalks
- Redesigning the roadway’s alignment to improve grades and curves to meet current design criteria
The project will require the acquisition of new right-of-way from adjacent property owners.
The first public meeting was held on June 28, 2016, to present three widening alternatives for the project (shown below) and to offer property owners and interested citizens a chance to provide input, voice concerns and have their questions answered.
A second public meeting was held on Nov. 17, 2016, to present the preferred alternative. The preferred alignment was formulated based on public comments received at the first public meeting. It most closely resembled Alternative #3.
A public hearing was held on Feb. 28, 2019, to present the Draft Environmental Assessment and Final Recommended Alternative.
- Environmental Constraints Map
- Finding of No Significant Impact
- Final Environmental Assessment
Environmental clearance was received on July 18, 2019. The next steps will be right-of-way acquisitions and the development of construction plans. Right-of-way acquisition is expected to begin in 2020. TxDOT plans to construct the project in two phases. The first phase will extend from FM 1845 (Pine Tree Road) to SH 300 (Gilmer Road) and the second phase from FM 3272 in White Oak to FM 1845. For Phase 1, the current financial forecasts show construction funds will be available in 2021 and in 2022 for Phase 2.
TxDOT Tyler District
Attn: Advanced Project Development Office
2709 W. Front St.
Tyler, TX 75702