US 59 South / Loop 224 - Construction Phases
Construction will follow a phased approach.
- Convert the center two-way, left-turn lane on US 59 from south of Spradley Street to Loop 224 to a raised median.
- Construct U-turns at Spradley Street and near Loop 224.
- Widen medians and lanes at Spradley Street and near Loop 224 to accommodate future construction of US 59 mainlanes.
- Construct new US 59 mainlanes.
- Construct frontage roads for Loop 224.
- Construct bridges crossing Spradley Street, the existing US 59, Old Lufkin Road and the proposed Loop 224 frontage roads.
The construction date for phase two will be set once funding is available.