US 59 Upgrade Redland - Future I-69
This project is dedicated to improving mobility and providing system connectivity along US 59 between State Loop (SL) 287 and Farm to Market (FM) 2021 in Redland. The proposed project would involve the construction of frontage roads and reconstruction of the US 59 main lanes to meet interstate standards for potential future designation as I-69.
The Lufkin District hosted an open house on June 27, 2017 and a public hearing on December 13, 2018. These meetings were held to display schematic layouts, make environmental documentation available for review and gather public input on the proposed project. The Lufkin District used feedback from these meetings to develop and finalize the schematic and environmental studies.
- Schematic and environmental studies began in summer 2017. Environmental approval was received on January 16, 2019 and schematic concurrence was received on July 8, 2019.
- TxDOT has completed the right of way (ROW) map and parcel descriptions, and the ROW acquisition process began in spring 2019.
- ROW acquisitions and demolition are anticipated to take approximately two years to complete. Once complete, utility adjustments would begin.
- Detailed engineering plans are under development. Detailed engineering plans, necessary permitting and utility relocations are expected to be complete in spring 2022.
- Construction funding has been allocated with a proposed summer 2022 contract bid date; construction of the project is anticipated to be complete in summer 2025.
- Open House - June 27, 2017 (Summary Report)
- Public Hearing - December 13, 2018 (Summary Report)
- Approved Schematic
- Environmental Documentation
I-69 Project Manager
TxDOT Lufkin District
1805 N. Timberland Drive
Lufkin, TX 75901