SH 146 - from FM 518 to FM 517
The TxDOT Houston District is proposing to reconstruct and widen SH 146 from FM 518 to FM 517 in Galveston County, Texas. The proposed project will improve the existing roadway to enhance safety and mobility along the highway by reducing traffic congestion and improving the evacuation capability of the highway in instances of flooding and severe weather.
Currently, SH 146 is a four-lane divided highway.
The proposed project includes the following improvements to decrease traffic congestion, increase mobility, and improve hurricane evacuation, operational efficiency and safety along SH 146:
- Widen from a four-lane divided roadway to a six-lane divided roadway
- Construct a grade-separated intersection (elevated intersection) at SH 96
Total length of the project is approximately 5.1 miles.
The project would require additional right of way and would potentially displace three commercial structures and one vacant structure.
- Feb. 8, 2018 - Public Hearing
- Sept. 17, 2017 - Notice Affording Opportunity for Public Hearing
- Sept. 24, 2015 - Public Meeting
- Schematic 1: SH 146 from FM 518 to Baker St
- Schematic 2: SH 146 from Jackson Ave to FM 517
Reference the following project number: 0389-06-088
TxDOT Houston District