SH 105 East from 10th Street to Business 105
TxDOT is proposing to reconstruct and widen State Highway (SH) 105 from 10th Street in Conroe to Business 105 located in Montgomery, San Jacinto and Liberty Counties, Texas, to improve safety, operational efficiency, and travel times within the project limits.
Within the project limits, SH 105 generally consists of a two-lane undivided roadway (one 12-foot lane in each direction) with 11-foot outside shoulders. A small section of the existing roadway, located near Conroe, typically consists of four 11-foot travel lanes (two in each direction), no shoulders and a continuous two-way turn lane.
The project area has experienced steady growth, which is projected to continue. This increase in traffic has begun to exceed the capacity of the roadway and create congestion. Additionally, the current road configuration lacks dedicated space to allow turning and stopping vehicles to move out of the lane of moving traffic, which can lead to accidents along the corridor. The proposed project reduces congestion and improves operational efficiency by widening the road to four lanes. The proposed project also improves safety by adding a continuous two-way center turn lane to allow motorists a safe refuge while turning.
There have been multiple public meetings for the proposed project, as listed in the "Get Involved" section below. Each public meeting afforded the public the opportunity to view and comment on the proposed improvements. TxDOT considered all comments from these public involvement events in the refinement of the proposed project.
The proposed project includes:
- Widening the existing roadway to a four-lane roadway with a continuous center turn lane
- Constructing sidewalks and providing accommodations for bicycles within the project limits
- Converting approximately 75 percent of the project from open ditch to curb-and-gutter
Approximately 45 acres of additional right of way (ROW) would be needed for the proposed improvements. Displacements of businesses and residences are anticipated. The total project cost is estimated to be $175 million and is State and Federally funded. SH 105 is not proposed to be a tolled facility. The construction of the project would be completed in segments, with construction of the first segment predicted to begin in 2021.
- Complete final design
- Begin ROW acquisition
- Construction anticipated to begin in 2021 and would be completed in segments
- Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) document
- Final Environmental Assessment (EA) document
- Feb. 21, 2019 Public Hearing
- June 24, 2003 Meeting Summary Report
- June 26, 2003 Meeting Summary Report
- November 19, 2003 Meeting Summary Report
- November 20, 2003 Meeting Summary Report
- May 11, 2004 Meeting Summary Report
- May 13, 2004 Meeting Summary Report
- December 1, 2015 Public Meeting
Reference the following project number: 0338-04-060