TxDOT is proposing to widen FM 359 from FM 1093 to Mason Road, a distance of approximately 9.5 miles in Fort Bend County, Texas, in an effort to improve traffic flow and increase mobility within the project area.
FM 359 is a two-lane undivided road from FM 1093 to Mason Road.
- FM 359 serves as one of the main north-south major collectors between Brookshire, Fulshear and Richmond west of Houston
- This area of Fort Bend County is planned for continued residential and commercial development; with the forecasted increase in development, the current two-lane road will not be able to accommodate the required capacity associated with the increase in traffic
- There are congestion and safety concerns along the corridor
Proposed improvements include:
- Widen from two to four lanes, divided with a raised median
- Provide right- and left-turn lanes at major intersections
- Re-align several curves along the corridor
Estimated construction cost is $80 million.
- Conduct environmental analysis
- Develop proposed build alternative
- Complete Environmental Assessment document
- Begin right of way acquisition
- Finalize design
Reference the following project number: 0543-02-075